Greetings! Jonathan Tisdall here. Freelance journalist, writer and web content developer. Translator of Scandinavian languages to English due to an unexpectedly long stint in Norway. For roughly nine years one of the editors of Aftenposten’s News in English, a pioneering service that was long unique in the region before it was an early casualty of the cocktail of finance crisis + print media income collapse.
Tag CloudAfghanistan Aftenposten angel Bergen best in the world caricatures cold crop circles cucumber Dagbladet Easter Eurovision fish football fortean freezing FrP headlines ice Labour maddening Mohammed moose Muslim News in English Norway Norwegian NRK ostehøvel Princess Märtha Louise puppies Rybak scandal Siv Jensen snow Stoltenberg Sweden swine flu tran Trønder-Avisa Twitter VG weather winter Øvrebø
- This is genius, and you shouldn't be missing news like it: ow.ly/m54Lp 2 days ago
- Another gem from @thegentleauthor for lovers of London: ow.ly/m49d3 3 days ago
- RT @stuartvanblack: Managerspeak: "Work hard, play hard." is code for: "Work hard". If they say: "Work hard." it's code for: "Work hard,... 5 days ago
- RT @twoptwips: RECREATE the exotic pleasure of Turkish Delight by eating a Glade Plug-In. (via @MarkSirman) 5 days ago
- The regional TV guide seems to have switched to Google Translate for their program synopses. 5 days ago